Liposuction (Suction Lipectomy)
Liposuction or suction lipectomy is ideally performed on patients who are not overweight and still have fat bulges not responsive to exercise. It is not a weight reduction alternative but a procedure to refine body contour.
Best results will be achieved in younger patients with elastic skin. Liposuction or liposculpture will result in a relative excess of skin and if the skin cannot contract around the now diminished underlying tissue, will sag with resultant wrinkling of the skin.
Areas suitable for liposuction are:
- Upper neck / jawline
- Upper arm
- Abdomen and hips
- Thigh and buttock
- Operation time: Varies - up to two hours.
- Hospital stay: Usually one night
- Driving: Up to two weeks depending on area size and site
- Exercise: Three to four weeks
- Back to work: One to two weeks